League A10 Basketball: news and discourse around the league

How good is UCSF as a basketball program?
But he will get to start it sounds like and the NIL contact will likely work well for him

But he will get to start it sounds like and the NIL contact will likely work well for him
It’s USF, a private university, I believe one of the Catholic flavors. Peaked with Bill Russel, but occassionaly relevant. They are in the WCC, so not a terrible move for him basketball wise. I think he went to HS in NoCal, so likely has some support around him too.

San Francisco is fairly good. They’re usually a competitor for one of the WCC’s multiple tournament bids, though they’ve only been to one tournament in the past several years.

It’s a great fit, plus he’s banking on NIL opportunities from within the huge Asian community in San Francisco, which is really smart. I think he’ll do well for the Dons.
Isnt he a foreign player? If so, NIL from the community doesnt work. He'd have to get it overseas somewhere. San Francisco, it a UR class program. However, ur fans might take exception with that comparison.

These guys have been to the NCAA Tournament only once '22 in the last 15 years. They havent put a new guy in the league since 2006 and he only played a few seasons. He is now the HC for Houston.

Not sure if its a better basketball move. However, I can see why he'd want to get the heck out of Dayton its a pit and not very diverse.

Last edited:
Isnt he a foreign player? If so, NIL from the community doesnt work. He'd have to get it overseas somewhere. San Francisco, it a UR class program.

I can see why he'd want to get the heck out of Dayton.
I’m pretty sure he’s a US citizen, actually.

Yes, A10, only 1, ouch indeed.
We’re also a 1 bid league. I hope we have some surprise teams next year and can get multiple bids, but given what off-season is looking like I don’t feel optimistic. Folks on RN love to tell folks they’re wrong. I’m all ears.

Back