Eric Maynor traded to OKC Thunder

For specifics on what drove the move:

According to NBA HoopsHype, this trade "sliced Utah's luxury tax bill this season from $12.6 million to a much more manageable $4.8 million".

Rex Kramer said:
In honor of VRam, F Utah

For everyone who now despises the Jazz you should become Knicks fans for the rest of the season because Utah gets the Knicks 1st round pick next year, so the better they do the worse that pick is for Utah. Also as new thunder fans make sure you root against PHX cause the Thunder own their 1st round pick next year too. :D

mwalvlior said:
"Just finished my physical in oklahoma city. Now off to phx for the game 2nite"

Is he going to dress and possibly play in this one? It has got to be crazy to get into a new town, meet your teammates & coaches and play your first game with that team all in the same day.

not sure if hes going to dress or play, but hes already listed as a reserve on the game notes for tonights game on OKC's website leading me to believe he will

Trading--Just one more reason why I prefer college basketball over professional basketball.

So glad he was traded...

I know he could "learn" a lot playing behind Williams and under Sloan, but I also think it gets really hard to get on the court when you're playing behind possibly the best point guard in the league...so I'd rather see him learn on the court. Westbrook is playing some good ball, but he's still a 2nd year player...and he's not named Williams, Nash, or Paul.

Upgrade.

Eric just checked in for the first time...1:22 left in the first quarter (Westbrook is on fire though tonight...8 points and 2 assists in the first 10 minutes...tough to follow that up)

Natty said:
Eric just checked in for the first time...1:22 left in the first quarter (Westbrook is on fire though tonight...8 points and 2 assists in the first 10 minutes...tough to follow that up)

Well Eric has matched his two assists, let's hope he can get his first points as a Thunder tonight as well.

Kind of crazy that Monday night he played for the Jazz, yesterday afternoon he was still a part of the Utah Jazz and he is currently in the game for the Thunder.

tonight is the perfect game for a "transition" to a new team because phx doesnt play any defense whatsoever.

3 dimes in 3 min.

utah btw only got 70 pts tonight vs miami (21 4th quarter) and Ronnie Price 6 pts 4 rebs 0 assts in 13 min. great move jazz. ;)

Back