Eric Maynor traded to OKC Thunder

as good and talented as Russ is if he keeps turning the ball over like he has in the first half Scott Brooks will give E mins.

maynor gets his first points w OKC. 17 ft baseline J from James Harden

2 pts 4 assts in 9 min so far.

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_14057566

D Will doesn't like it:

We're saving a lot of money," Deron Williams said. "I know that's important to a lot of teams right now. It makes sense business-wise. But as far as helping our team, it doesn't help our team at all."

Williams said Maynor had proven he could create both for himself and others on the court and added of losing the Virginia Commonwealth product: "I think he's definitely going to help their team a lot. It's a division team, so you don't like to see them get better."

5 assists, +7 (tops for the Thunder so far tonight).

it seemed like D-Will and EMaynor were close so that makes him even angrier about it. end of OKC/PHX is on nbatv now.

eric was very good in 2 of his 3 stints on the floor tonight. he had one end of the 1st half that was bad where he came in had a turnover, then an illegal D and went right back out.

VRam said:

Not bad for his first day on the job. He saw 12 min tonight. I think he will end up playing 20+ min on a nightly basis after he has had a chance to practice with the guys a bit and get used to them. Westbrook had a good game, but only had 7 assists in 35 min. I am sure his teammates won't mind having a guy that can come in and get them shots.

VCU Finance 2008 said:
VRam said:

Not bad for his first day on the job. He saw 12 min tonight. I think he will end up playing 20+ min on a nightly basis after he has had a chance to practice with the guys a bit and get used to them. Westbrook had a good game, but only had 7 assists in 35 min. I am sure his teammates won't mind having a guy that can come in and get them shots.

Russ did have 13 assts last night. I dont see 20+, but 16-18 is very likely.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/-Net-reaction-Thunder-acquire-Eric-Maynor-Harp;_ylt=Ah.FNtGQPNlSUACCj1BGk5R2PKB4?urn=nba,210613

More reaction.

This is a great stat:
In Maynor's limited minutes, his assist ratio is sixth in the league, trailing a group of the NBA's best point guards (Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul, former teammate Deron Williams and Jason Kidd

I logged in to ChannelSurfing just as Maynor scored his 1st...nice quick 7.

Utah Jazz had better hope dealing Eric Maynor to Oklahoma City won’t affect them like Mo Williams

Utah Jazz had better hope dealing Eric Maynor won’t affect them like trading Mo Williams did a few years back, because at this point, if Deron Williams is hurt, the Jazz will look down their bench to Ronnie Price.

Price hasn’t exactly been setting the court ablaze this season, scoring 3.5 points per contest on an average of 10 minutes per game, although Price impressed mightily during the Jazz’ playoff series against the Los Angeles Lakers.

By comparison Maynor, in the time he played with the Jazz, averaged five points and three assists in 27 games, playing an average of 14 minutes per.

continued at http://www.examiner.com/x-2306-Utah-Spo ... o-Williams

Back