The 2024 Offseason Thread

The Brinks truck for Hurley just keep getting bigger.
I have no clue why Hurley would change jobs right now unless they tripled his pay. He's won back to back national championships. When you do that, you can recruit at the highest level there is. If the rumors of UConn jumping to another conference play out, his salary will rise simply because of the jump in TV monies. He has GOT to know that the grass isn't always greener in Kentucky. In fact, it's blue.

I have no clue why Hurley would change jobs right now unless they tripled his pay. He's won back to back national championships. When you do that, you can recruit at the highest level there is. If the rumors of UConn jumping to another conference play out, his salary will rise simply because of the jump in TV monies. He has GOT to know that the grass isn't always greener in Kentucky. In fact, it's blue.
There is absolutely no basketball reason to leave UConn, means or women's basketball team as proven by there championship record

search continues...

giphy.gif

My comment was not meant to imply that Danny boy would leave UConn. It's a direct result of him being a wanted coach. Thats all. The Brinks truck is coming from UConn, not UK.

Not really sure where to put this, suppose it sort of pertains to the off season. I renewed my tickets a few weeks ago (fingers still crossed for changing seats) and got a thank you call from Claire with the AD's office today. No big deal, and in my opinion not really necessary, but I thought it was a nice touch.

My comment was not meant to imply that Danny boy would leave UConn. It's a direct result of him being a wanted coach. Thats all. The Brinks truck is coming from UConn, not UK.
They would probably have given him a raise anyway, he just won his second straight National Championship.

Not really sure where to put this, suppose it sort of pertains to the off season. I renewed my tickets a few weeks ago (fingers still crossed for changing seats) and got a thank you call from Claire with the AD's office today. No big deal, and in my opinion not really necessary, but I thought it was a nice touch.
Same here. I’m not a big donor, so I don’t expect any contact from the AD office, but it was nice to get a phone call.

Same here. I’m not a big donor, so I don’t expect any contact from the AD office, but it was nice to get a phone call.
Yeah, I even told them that in one of the opinion surveys, haha.

Back