The 2024 Offseason Thread

I don't know where else to post to ask this, but as infectious as this could possibly get with fans at all levels seeing it, how is this a thing? I though soundmaking things during play are banned in basketball arenas?

I don't think those stats or salary are right...

Either way he threw away a lot on some bets...
Those are his Showcase Cup stats but his regular season G League stats are comparable or better (13.1 ppg, 6 apg, 10.9 rpg).

That salary is actually Michael Porter Jr.'s salary (Jontay is a younger brother).

Either way, bye.

Then there's this, which is despicable, but this idiot (averaged 16pts, 6ast, 4rb per game, $26m/yr next year was to make $27mil) has thrown away his NBA career (at least in the US):

More: https://apnews.com/article/nba-jontay-porter-banned-265ad5cb703d9483347037762ee90a8f

I don't think those stats or salary are right...

Either way he threw away a lot on some bets...
From the Sporting News today: Porter was on a non-guaranteed two-way contract with the Raptors, which was reportedly worth $559,782 for the 2023-24 season. He was set to become a restricted free agent this offseason. Porter made $2,397,933 in his NBA career since making his debut in 2021, according to Spotrac.

I don't know where else to post to ask this, but as infectious as this could possibly get with fans at all levels seeing it, how is this a thing? I though soundmaking things during play are banned in basketball arenas?

That is the case in college but I guess not in the NBA?

I'm not an A vs B kind of guy. But I am telling yall right now, he's better than most of you think he is. That's the only reason I went back to see him play again and again.
I hope he can play.

I hope he can play.
I really dig what he's got going on. Likewise, very happy we're not facing him as opposition.
You will not pressure him, you and your buddies won't stop him from getting to the glass, and if you are somehow capable of turning him over, which is doubtful, you're gonna pay the price. He's GETTING that ball back.
Real excited to see him in the Black and Gold.
There's gonna be a HS-->college adjustment. But he's bringing the most important things with him:
1) a sincere love for and dedication to VCU.
2) the right mind to lead a team
3) a skillset which already has him prepared to move to the next level.

Last edited:
I really dig what he's got going on. Likewise, very happy we're not facing him as opposition.
You will not pressure him, you and your buddies won't stop him from getting to the glass, and if you are somehow capable of turning him over, which is doubtful, you're gonna pay the price. He's GETTING that ball back.
Real excited to see him in the Black and Gold.
There's gonna be a HS-->college adjustment. But he's bringing the most important things with him:
1) a sincere love for and dedication to VCU.
2) the right mind to lead a team
3) a skillset which already has him prepared to move to the next level.
I'll add the second "f" to "pull off" when he does his first steal as a RAM in The Stu, when I'm doing everything I can to hold back from shouting "holy F!" at the top of my lungs in there.

Back